WROC-TV8, a CBS affiliate, is looking for an experienced and driven Weekend Anchor to join our team! This individual will present news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. We need an anchor with great writing and producing skills, a knack for showcasing content and attention to detail, and a strong sense of urgency.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gathers information via research, interviews, and experience; attends political, news, sports, social, and other functions.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Pitches stories to News Managers and Producers, which are relevant to the local community.
- Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Writes content for the website and other digital platforms; edits video clips as assigned.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in news reporting and anchoring.
- Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to ad-lib when required.
- Superior on-air presence both in the studio and live locations.
- Excellent news judgment with expansive knowledge of local/national current events, history, newsmakers, and issues.
- Receptive to coaching, able to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work different hours and shifts.