Job Overview: This position is responsible for the direction of live newscasts and any preparation involved for the newscast.
- Direct newscast and collaborate successfully with Technical crew.
- Operate switching equipment while directing newscasts.
- Design graphics for newscast.
- Collaborate with News Producers to establish pace of newscasts and sequences of segments according to time requirements and
- Ensures program runs smoothly during live broadcasts.
- Handle last minute and unexpected changes in a professional, poised manner during live broadcasts. Be able to communicate calmly,
quickly and clearly to all involved as needed.
- Edit and encode daily episodic promotions and Network promotions.
- Maintain proper lighting levels on studio cameras during live newscasts and recordings.
- Be able to perform Operational duties as needed.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours. Hours may include portions of afternoons, evenings, overnights, weekends
- Act in a professional, courteous manner when representing the station and the News and Engineering Departments.
- Previous experience directing live newscasts is preferred.
- Possess knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operations of television systems.
- Must be flexible and able to deal with unexpected show changes calmly.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.