Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for the local broadcast/digital sales teams
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue
- Drives new business development
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Manages Accounts Receivable
- Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field preferred
- Minimum three-five years experience in media sales
- Experience guiding, directing, and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Matrix, Nielsen and comScore is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks through self-motivation and time management.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Occasional travel required; available to work extended hours if needed.