This position will provide administrative support to the VP, News and to a team of managers of WABC-TV’s Eyewitness News.
- Provide overall administrative support for VP News, and all newsroom managers including but not limited to:
- phone and mail support
- maintaining busy calendar and day-to-day meetings
- interact with a wide variety of ABC and external contacts on behalf of the newsroom Managers
- Coordinate business travel, including trip logistics and itinerary, meeting coordination and remote support
- Compile and submit Travel & Expense reports
- Schedule and set up conference calls, teleconferences and web-based meetings
- Filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning and tracking documents
- Aggregate information in excel for reporting
- Prepare confidential memos, correspondence, letters, business updates, meeting notes, Power Point and/or Keynote presentations, proofs correspondence and complex reports.
- Assist and help coordinate DMED Synergy projects
- Maintain Hair and Makeup scheduling calendar, and review weekly timecards
- Assist newsroom managers with maintaining schedules and timecards in the timekeeping system
- Ordering of materials used by hair and makeup artists
- Assist with purchase orders across the newsroom and operations.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience providing executive support to a senior executive or high level management group.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Skilled in PowerPoint and/or Keynote, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to assume responsibility, function effectively in team environment or independently, with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and organized
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with advanced notice, to accommodate overtime as needed
- Ability to function in an environment with competing and changing priorities
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills
- Event coordination/planning experience helpful
- Familiarity with local television station business a plus
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit disney.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.