Mountain Lake PBS
Mountain Lake PBS, serving the beautiful Adirondack Region, the Lake Champlain Valley, and Southern Quebec, has an immediate opening for a full-time Educational Production Specialist for a one-year term to join the dedicated team at an active public and educational media operation.
The Educational Production Specialist is responsible for creative shooting, editing, graphic creation, audio mixing, and mastering for short and long-form educational video content. The Specialist will operate a variety of studio, field, and editing equipment for the production of live and taped telecasts, and be responsible for uploading educational content to PBS LearningMedia and other digital platforms.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as creative lead editor on programs, video segments, and promotional spots designed for broadcast, web streaming and archiving, mobile platforms, and other uses.
- Produce original short-form content, including video packages, promos, and interstitial materials, which reflects Mountain Lake PBS’s high standards of production and commitment to education.
- Create original graphics and effects for edited programs, promotional spots, title sequences, interstitials, etc., and integrate both original and pre-existing elements into finished products.
- Work with Education Staff to upload content and educational materials to PBS LearningMedia and other appropriate digital platforms.
- Act as videographer with professional HD video and sound equipment.
- Set up and arrange lighting and audio in the studio and in the field as needed.
- Serve in various roles for studio and remote multi-camera productions, including directing as assigned.
- Support producers in effort to complete high-quality projects in a timely manner, often with quick turnaround.
- Inform Director of Production & Content about any production or technical issues, and suggest solutions as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members, contractors, interns, and volunteers.
- Prepare and post video clips as assigned to websites, social media, ftp sites, and other distribution platforms.
- Keep track of own expenses and hours spent on assigned projects, and report them to the producer of the project or series.
- Support educational outreach activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of production experience, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Experience in studio and field production, including camera, lighting, and audio.
- Demonstrated non-linear editing experience, especially with Premiere.
- Creative skills needed to meet technical and practical production challenges.
- Experience in social media and website development.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals.
Mountain Lake PBS is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit mountainlake.org.