- WPIX is looking for a full-time Media Manager. This position will support all media retention within the News department. The ideal candidate must be able to use excel, have extensive knowledge of different media formats, and be solution-oriented. Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and familiarity with a fast-paced local news environment are musts. The media supervisor will act as a liaison between producers and editors to ensure that the media that has been or will be shot is archived so it can be used again on broadcast or digital platforms. Oversee the media storage devices as SD cards, hard drives and other related media such as film and tape. Help oversee content-licensing to third party entities.
Additional Job Description:
- Work closely with assignment and planning editors to ensure footage from the day’s stories is accounted for and returned to the station for cataloguing.
- Retain incoming media
- Maintain a database of archived content from daily news gathering, transferred film, and tapes.
- Build a stock video library that fulfills the newsroom’s footage needs
- Coordinate and scout locations for shoots when necessary.
- Work with clients to manage licensing requests; complete project from initial inquiry to final invoice