WFFF-TV and WVNY-TV
WFFF-TV and WVNY-TV, the FOX and ABC affiliates covering Vermont, Northern New York, and Southern New Hampshire, are looking for a full-time Digital Content Producer. We want someone with a keen sense of news judgment and a good grasp on what gets conversations going with our viewers. The primary roles will be generating content for on-line publication and engaging with viewers via social media. The right person will be creative, motivated, hard-working, forward thinking, aggressive and a team player.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Acts as the key editorial leader for news content on digital platforms.
• Manages digital, mobile, and social properties while contributing to and executing a strategy for growth.
• Writes stories and posts videos for websites, apps, social media, and other digital platforms.
• Works with producers to ensure digital content is integrated into newscasts.
• Acts as a liaison between the digital team and other areas of the stations, including news, promotions, and sales.
• Oversees the digital contributions from other staff members, and provides guidance to help improve their work.
• Builds special sections for websites and apps using content management systems.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites, as well as by email and phone.
• Maintains accuracy and integrity in news products delivered.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience preferred.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a digital role in a television newsroom preferred.
• Knowledge of content management systems, HTML, CSS and Google Analytics preferred.
• Impeccable grammar and spelling, and ability to write interesting, understandable copy.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to multi-task, deal with extreme deadline pressure, and react/coordinate coverage under live breaking news situations is crucial.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.