WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Manager. This position will lead and supervise the day-to-day functions of all digital platforms, specifically the stations’ webpages, mobile apps, and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Responsible for the “look” of all digital content, writing, graphics, and video.
- Work with News personnel to generate original content for website.
- Work with News personnel to write, report and publish local, state and national content, breaking news, sports and weather stories in a timely manner.
- Monitor trending web stories and communicate those stories generating the most viewer interest with News producers.
- Edit and publish reporter stories and daily news as needed.
- Work with News personnel to capture, edit and post photos and videos to website
- Work with assignment desk, executive producer, producers and reporters to ensure content is up-to-date, accurate and thorough.
- Double check digital stories for grammar, spelling and typos.
- Responsible for monitoring live web streaming of newscasts and other live news events.
- Monitor and authenticate user-generated content and video.
- Research additional material that would complement top news stories.
- Generate engaging content for Facebook and Twitter
- Monitor social media to safeguard against inappropriate material and comments being posted.
- Use social media as outreach and to actively engage viewers.
- Work with News producers daily on creatively utilizing social media in on-air newscasts
- Participate in the promotion and deployment of the station’s mobile apps.
- Stay in touch with meteorologists to insure we’re out in front of breaking and severe weather news on all platforms.
- Work to develop and refine the station’s Best Practices on all platforms.
- Work with other station departments for Sales, marketing and contesting initiatives.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism, ENG, LiveU technology, electronic graphics, social media and newsroom computers.
- Four years professional broadcast experience and a related college degree preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are also needed.
- Valid driver license.
- Must be able to lift 5-10 lbs
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!