Job Overview: This position assists the Director of Engineering with maintaining broadcast systems at the station and transmitter locations; and
oversees the building facilities at these locations.
- Works well in a collaborative, team environment and develops good internal and external relationships including vendors and consultants.
- Oversees preventative maintenance programs to ensure a building is in good condition and compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Overseeing the maintenance and repair to any of our three buildings. With systems like; HVAC, plumbing, electrical, grounds, painting and
- Sourcing and overseeing contracts and service providers for functions such as cleaning, security, grounds and HVAC.
- Collaborating with Director of Engineering on budgeting for facilities expenses and Capital Expenditures projects.
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Engineering and engineering staff to assist in the installation and maintaining Studio and
- Correctly analyzes, troubleshoots and repairs the video, audio and RF systems required for the efficient and reliable operation of the
- Has knowledge of and maintains adherence to applicable FCC rules and regulations as they pertain to the station’s transmission systems,
communications systems, and on-air operations.
- Effectively works in a support capacity with users of Windows based computer network.
- Works with technical staff to train, assist and instruct. Keeps lines of communication open at all levels.
- Ensures that everyone working in Engineering, including consultants, contractors, and vendors, follow required safety procedures. Follows
same safety procedures while working.
- Pays close attention to high voltage safety. Reports safety violations to the appropriate personnel.
- Ensures necessary supplies are in stock. Orders supplies as needed through approved vendors and within approved guidelines.
- Stays current with technology and techniques and attends training as required.
- Works on special building projects as assigned by Director of Engineering.
- Implements and accomplishes goals set with and by the Director of Engineering.
- Available on-call for emergencies, extreme weather and other assignments. Work late nights and overnights on short notice.
- Participates in weekend on-call rotation.
- Be able to fill a technical operator shift if needed.
- Reports to work on time and works established schedule/hours.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Two years of technical school and/or an Associate’s Degree in Electronics or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience with building maintenance is preferred.
- Previous broadcast technical experience or equivalent training is preferred, not required.
- Working knowledge of relevant aspects of computer hardware, software applications and associated products including: Windows based
- Proven ability to function effectively under deadlines and in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively and find solutions for staff.
- Basic knowledge of current FCC and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
Ability to sit and work at a computer screen for periods of time. Ability to crawl, stoop, bend, lift overhead, and walk to reach equipment
for evaluation, repair, and adjustment. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in a confined area. Read, hear and speak
clearly. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Must be able to read and interpret instructions, schematics, and
service manuals. Manipulate computer and general office equipment, including telephone. Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs. up a
flight of stairs and climb ladders. Ability to drive/operate a vehicle in a safe manner. Ability to communicate and articulate information
effectively to a variety of people.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.