Univision WXTV 41
ABOUT THE ROLE & TEAM:
Univision WXTV 41 is seeking a talented Assignment Desk and Social Media Manager to join our team!
We are looking for individuals with strong news judgment who will be required to handle multiple breaking news stories in our fast-paced newsroom. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing story assignments, coordinate logistics, provide support and build relationships with the community. This individual must be a strategic and creative thinker, a self-starter, and a collaborator willing to learn new tools and share ideas. Assignment & Social Media Manager reports to the Executive Producer Multimedia Content .
- You will build strong relationships with the tristate community
- You will be communicating with officials and sources for important community stories
- You will monitor social media for breaking news stories
- You will identify news videos and soundbites for breaking news stories
- You will source and clear new media material from various online sources, including social media and aggregator sites
- You will carry out Univision 41 promise of value and oversee the daily execution of that vision. This candidate will be expected to recommend strategic updates based on data and research.
- You will work closely with Univision New York digital multimarket team and univision.com/local/nueva-york-wxtv and Univision 41 Nueva York APP to ensure the platforms are updated with breaking news.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Must be willing to work overnight & unpredictable hours based on coverage needs
- Ability to integrate digital platforms throughout all newscasts, using each platform to strengthen the others
- Experience covering politics and government
- Strong news judgement, and quick decision maker and creative thinker
- Fluent in Spanish and English
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage options.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit univision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.