Serving New York
Recognizing the Public Service Efforts of New York State Broadcasters
Our “Serving New York Awards” recognize the extraordinary efforts of New York State's broadcasters in serving the public interest every day. The awards will be presented at regional lunches which are free to all NYSBA members in good standing.
Note – the “Serving New York Awards” are different from the “Excellence in Broadcasting Awards”. The Serving New York Awards focus exclusively on a station’s public service campaigns (both on-air and off-air) and the community groups involved in those efforts. We do present both awards at the same regional luncheons.
Public Interest Submissions: Stations are encouraged to invite a public interest group that you have worked with during the past year. Attending representatives of your invited public interest groups will be presented with an award as well.
Submit no more than a one or two-paragraph description of your public interest program or campaign. In addition, please submit any social media postings you may have. It may be an on-air or an off-air campaign. If it is an on-air public service campaign, please include a link to the video or audio in your email. Please send to email@example.com by September 6.
To qualify for an award, the public interest project:
- May include on-air as well as off-air projects
- Should have taken place during the period between May 1, 2020, and September 6, 2021.
- Stations must be present to receive an award.
While the COVID-19 continues to affect our lives, we have begun to move forward with our planning for 2021. Importantly, our regional Excellence in Broadcasting and Serving New York Awards, normally held in the spring, have been moved to the fall. The following is the schedule for these events.
"Excellence in Broadcasting" and “Serving New York” Awards Luncheons (12 noon to 2 PM at all locations):
- Buffalo – September 19th – Westin Hotel, 250 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo
- Rochester – September 20th – Country Club of Rochester, 2935 East Avenue, Rochester
- Syracuse – September 21st – Embassy Suites - Destiny USA, 311 Hiawatha Blvd. W., Syracuse
- Binghamton – September 22nd – Double Tree Hotel, 225 Water Street, Binghamton
- Albany – September 23rd – Wolferts Roost, 120 Van Rensselaer Blvd., Albany
- Long Island – September 29th – Blackstone Steakhouse, 10 Pinelawn Road, Melville
- New York City – September 30th – Pier 59 “Current”, Chelsea Piers, New York City
Click HERE to register for a luncheon near you.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Southern Tier Award Recipients
Cayuga Radio Group
Capital Region Award Recipients
Buffalo Area Award Recipients
Rochester Area Award Recipients
Finger Lakes Radio
Central NEw York Award Recipients
NBC-3/CBS-5/CW6 and CNY
New York City Award Recipients
Long Island Area Award Recipients