Serving New York
Recognizing the Public Service Efforts of New York State Broadcasters
Our “Serving New York Awards” recognize the extraordinary efforts of New York State's broadcasters in serving the public interest every day. The awards will be presented at regional lunches which are free to all NYSBA members in good standing.
Note – the “Serving New York Awards” are different from the “Excellence in Broadcasting Awards”. The Serving New York Awards focus exclusively on a station’s public service campaigns (both on-air and off-air) and the community groups involved in those efforts. We do present both awards at the same regional luncheons.
Public Interest Submissions: Stations are encouraged to invite a public interest group that you have worked with during the past year. Attending representatives of your invited public interest groups will be presented with an award as well.
Submit no more than a one or two paragraph description of your public interest program or campaign. In addition, please submit any social media postings you may have. It may be an on-air or an off-air campaign. If it is an on-air public service campaign, please include a link to the video or audio in your email. Please send to email@example.com .
To qualify for an award, the public interest project:
- May include on-air as well as off-air projects
- Should have taken place during the May 1, 2020 and September 6, 2021 time period.
- Stations must be present to receive an award.
While the COVID-19 continues to affect our lives, we have begun to move forward with our planning for 2021. Importantly, our regional Excellence in Broadcasting and Serving New York Awards, normally held in the spring, have been moved to the fall. The following is the schedule for these events.
Excellence in Broadcasting and “Serving New York” Awards Luncheons (12 noon to 2PM at all locations):
- Buffalo – September 13th – Westin Hotel, 250 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo
- Rochester – September 14th – Country Club of Rochester, 2935 East Avenue, Rochester
- Syracuse – September 15th – Sheraton University Hotel, 801 University Avenue, Syracuse
- Binghamton – September 16th – Double Tree Hotel, 225 Water Street, Binghamton
- Albany – September 17th – Wolferts Roost, 120 Van Rensselaer Blvd., Albany
- Long Island – September 23rd – Blackstone Steakhouse, 10 Pinelawn Road, Melville
- New York City – September 24th – Pier 59 “Current”, Chelsea Piers, New York City
Click HERE to register for a luncheon near you.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Southern Tier Award Recipients
Cayuga Radio Group
Capital Region Award Recipients
Buffalo Area Award Recipients
Rochester Area Award Recipients
Finger Lakes Radio
Central NEw York Award Recipients
NBC-3/CBS-5/CW6 and CNY
New York City Award Recipients
Long Island Area Award Recipients