Members of the NYSBA Board of Directors and Futures Committee attended the NAB’s State Leadership Conference last week. We want to thank all those who survived our grueling schedule. Over a two-day period, we met with 22 members of the New York Congressional delegation.
Our key focus was to oppose the imposition of a new copyright performance tax on radio stations. We also had detailed discussions regarding the impact of “Big Tech” on local broadcast stations. We supported the deployment of Next Gen TV and opposed a proposed ban on sports betting advertising.
We had some very productive meetings with Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand. In addition, we met with the following Congressional Offices:
- Jamal Bowman (D. NY 16th)
- Anthony D’Esposito (R. NY 4th)
- Adriano Espaillat (D. NY 13th)
- Andrew Garbarino (R. NY 2nd)
- Daniel S. Goldman (D. NY 10th)
- Brian Higgins (D. NY 26th)
- Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D. NY 8th)
- Nikolas Langworthy (R. NY 23rd)
- Mike Lawler (R. NY 17th)
- Gregory Meeks (D. NY 5th)
- Grace Meng (D. NY 6th)
- Marc Molinaro (R. NY 19th)
- Joe Morelle (D. NY 25th)
- Jerry Nadler (D. NY 12th)
- Pat Ryan (D. NY 18th)
- Elise Stefanik (R. NY 21st)
- Claudia Tenney (R. NY 24th)
- Paul Tonko (D. NY 20th)
- Ritchie Torres (D. NY 15th)
- Brandon Williams (R. NY 22nd)
Time did not permit additional meetings. We will schedule meetings with the remaining members of the NY Delegation back in their districts.
A special thank you to members of the Board of Directors and the Futures Committee who attended the trip to D.C. They did a tremendous job representing the interests of broadcasters throughout the Empire State.
CLICK HERE FOR THE NEXT STORY