We have survived COVID and now inflation. Through it all, local broadcast stations remained true to their mission: providing vital information to their communities. We invite you to participate in the 2022 “Serving New York Awards” to recognize your station’s extraordinary efforts to serve your community. These efforts include working with community groups in your market and we want to acknowledge them as well.
We will be recognizing a station’s public interest project that meets the following criteria:
- May include on-air, digital as well as off-air projects
- Events or on-air campaigns should have taken place from May 1, 2021, to September 2, 2022
- Stations must be present at the luncheon to receive an award
Please submit the following information to David Donovan at email@example.com no later than September 9, 2022:
- Contact information (name, email, and station)
- A paragraph describing the program or campaign
- Pictures placed on social media platforms (if available)
Stations are encouraged to register and invite public interest groups that you have worked with during the past year. Attending representatives of your invited public interest groups will receive an award as well.
The awards will be presented at regional lunches from 12 noon to 1:30 PM at the following locations and on the following dates:
- Buffalo – September 19th – Westin Hotel, 250 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo
- Rochester – September 20th – Country Club of Rochester, 2935 East Avenue, Rochester
- Syracuse – September 21st – Embassy Suites – Destiny USA, 311 Hiawatha Blvd. W., Syracuse
- Binghamton – September 22nd – Double Tree Hotel, 225 Water Street, Binghamton
- Albany – September 23rd – Wolferts Roost, 120 Van Rensselaer Blvd., Albany
- Long Island – September 29th – Blackstone Steakhouse, 10 Pinelawn Road, Melville
- New York City – September 30th – Pier 59 “Current,” Chelsea Piers, New York City
These luncheons are provided free of charge to NYSBA members in good standing.
Note – the “Serving New York Awards” are different from the “Excellence in Broadcasting” Awards. The “Serving New York” Awards focus exclusively on a station’s public service campaigns and the community groups involved in those efforts. We present both awards at the same regional luncheons.
To register for the “Excellence in Broadcasting” and “Serving New York” Awards Luncheon near you, please click here.
CLICK HERE FOR THE NEXT STORY