As in the past, this will be a state-wide competition, with stations competing against other stations in similarly sized markets.
The portal opens February 1st. It will close on March 21, 2022, at 5:00 PM. As in the past, all submissions will be online.
We will present awards in multiple categories for radio, television and digital. We have a separate division for college radio and television stations. The competition will be statewide with stations competing in large, medium and small markets. The competition will include content broadcast between March 1, 2021, and March 1, 2022.
This competition encourages professional performance and recognizes outstanding achievement among radio, television and college stations in our state, and all employees of NYSBA member stations in good standing are urged to submit entries.
Due to COVID uncertainties this Spring, we will present the Excellence in Broadcasting Awards at our regional lunches in the Fall. The lunches will run from 12 noon to 2PM at the following locations
- Buffalo – September 19th – Westin Hotel, 250 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo
- Rochester – September 20th – Country Club of Rochester, 2935 East Avenue, Rochester
- Syracuse – September 21st – Embassy Suites – Destiny USA, 311 Hiawatha Blvd. W., Syracuse
- Binghamton – September 22nd – Double Tree Hotel, 225 Water Street, Binghamton
- Albany – September 23rd – Wolferts Roost, 120 Van Rensselaer Blvd., Albany
- Long Island – September 29th – Blackstone Steakhouse, 10 Pinelawn Road, Melville
- New York City – September 30th – Pier 59 “Current”, Chelsea Piers, New York City
For more information and a link to Excellence in Broadcasting web portal click HERE.
Click HERE for next story
Click HERE for previous story