The COVID pandemic presented broadcasters with enormous personal and economic challenges. Through it all local stations remained true to their mission – providing life-saving information to their communities. This year’s Serving New York Awards” will recognize these extraordinary efforts.
The awards will be presented at regional lunches, which are free to all NYSBA members in good standing.
Stations are encouraged to invite a public interest group that you have worked with during the past year. Attending representatives of your invited public interest groups will be presented with an award as well.
To qualify the public interest project:
- May include on-air, digital as well as off-air projects
- Should have taken place during the May 1, 2020 and September 6, 2021 time period.
- Stations must be present to receive an award.
- Contact information (name, email and station)
- A paragraph describing the program or campaign.
- A link to any audio or video
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note – the “Serving New York Awards” are different from the “Excellence in Broadcasting Awards”. The Serving New York Awards focus exclusively on a station’s public service campaigns and the community groups involved in those efforts. We present both awards at the same regional luncheons.
To register for the Excellence in Broadcasting and “Serving New York” Awards Luncheon nearest you click HERE.
Click HERE for next story
Click HERE for previous story