We have heard from a number of members that there is a need to help educate employees about the technical aspects of broadcast transmission. For example, many stations have hired IT personnel that have a technical background, but need to better understand the basics of broadcasting.
NYSBA has contract with the Society of Broadcast Engineers to provide on-line courses that will provide the basics of both radio and television broadcasting. The on-line seminars are essentially an Engineering 101 and will cover basic engineering in the following areas:
- Module 1 – Introduction to Radio Frequency (RF)
- Module 2 – Transmission Lines
- Module 3 – Towers, Antennas, and Transmission Systems
- Module 4 – Antenna Gain – Feed-Line Loss
- Module 5 – Modulation Fundamentals
- Module 6 – AM, FM, TV RF Propagation
- Module 7 – RF Test and Measurement
- Module 8 – FCC Regulations
- RF Safety
Employees of NYSBA members in good standing may sign up for the modules. You may sign up for more than one module, but please complete the previous module before signing up for the next one. Participation is limited to NYSBA member employees. Because these are basic courses, we would not expect consulting engineers to need them.
To see a complete description of the Modules click HERE.
To register contact Carolyn at email@example.com
Click HERE for next story
Click HERE for previous story