The free webinar will focus on issues relevant to broadcasters, cable television service providers, wireless service providers, state and local emergency managers, and other emergency alert and warning stakeholders. Topics will include:
- A description of these alerting systems and how they work;
- Who is eligible to initiate alerts, and how they are authorized;
- How authorized alert initiators are trained and available training resources;
- Lessons learned from recent alerting events, including the Hawaii false ballistic missile alert;
- Recent FCC regulatory actions and changes under consideration; and
- Recent FEMA updates to the Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS).
The webinar will help ensure that participants are familiar with these alerting systems and how to use them. There will be an opportunity for participants to ask questions.
The WebEx webinar will be held from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 and will be closed captioned.
To register for the webinar click HERE.