Our “Serving New York Awards” recognize the extraordinary efforts of New York State’s broadcasters in serving the public interest every day. The awards will be presented at regional lunches which are free to all NYSBA members in good standing.
Public Interest Submissions: Stations are encouraged to invite a public interest group that you have worked with during the past year. Attending representatives of your invited public interest groups will be presented with an award as well.
Submit no more than a one or two paragraph description of your public interest program or campaign. It may be an on-air or an off-air campaign. If it is an on-air public service campaign, please include a link to the video or audio in your email. Please send to email@example.com.
To qualify for an award, the public interest project:
- May include on-air as well as off-air projects
- Should have taken place in during the May 1, 2017 and April 30, 2018 time period.
- Awards will be presented at our luncheons which will be held across the state. (Some luncheons may include multiple markets).
- Stations must be present to receive an award.
Luncheon Registration: The luncheons will start at 12 noon at the following locations:
- Syracuse – Monday April 30- Sheraton University Hotel, 801 University Avenue, Syracuse
- Rochester – Tuesday May 1st – The Country Club of Rochester, 2935 East Avenue, Rochester
- Buffalo – Wednesday May 2nd – Hyatt Regency, 2 Fountain Plaza, Buffalo
- Binghamton – Thursday May 3rd – Double Tree Hotel, 225 Water Street, Binghamton
- Capital Region – Friday May 4th – Wolferts Roost 120 Van Rensselaer Blvd, Albany
- Long Island – Thursday May 10th Blackstone Steakhouse – 10 Pinelawn Road, Melville
- New York City – Friday May 11th – 48Ink Hotel, Press Lounge – 653 11th Avenue, New York City
REGISTER TODAY ON THE NYSBA WEBSITE HERE. Go to the key word search and type in the regional “Serving New York” luncheon location you want to attend. (Alternatively, keep scrolling down until you get to the location you want).