NYSBA 2014 Awards for Excellence in Broadcasting Competition
NEW THIS YEAR! Winning entrants from member stations in good standing will be eligible to have some of their costs covered by the NYSBA to attend the gala dinner at The Waldorf Astoria in New York City on June 12, 2014. For reimbursement rules and details see our Awards Brochure here.
- All entries and associated fees must be entered using our On-line Award Entry System: www.nysbaawards.com The portal is now closed.
- The deadline for entries is March 20, 2014 at 5:00 pm (eastern).
- All entries must have been broadcast by the submitting radio/TV station employees between April 1, 2013 and February 28, 2014.
- Commercials or promotional announcements may be any length up to one minute.
- Unless otherwise noted with the category listing in the brochure, all programs as broadcast may have been of any length, but the actual clip that is entered into the competition may not exceed 30 minutes.
- Winning entries will be announced during the 52nd Executive Conference at the Waldorf Astoria, New York City, on Thursday, June 12, 2014.
Payment: The payment system is also a simple process and may be processed through the Award web portal at www.nysbaawards.com.
- Fee is $30 per entry for member stations which must be done on-line when you submit your entries
- Payment will be made using our PayPal account (you do not need to have a PayPal account.) You simply choose either credit card, debit card or e-check.
- Decision of the judges shall be final.
- Separate awards will be given out for radio and televisions stations.
- Stations will compete only against stations in similar sized market.
- Red Group: New York City only.
- Blue Group: Albany/Capital District, Buffalo, Long Island, Rochester and Syracuse.
- Green Group: All others.
Award Programming Categories:
- Stations will compete in numerous programming categories.
- For a list of programming categories see our Award Brochure click here.
It’s Simple to Enter:
1. Go to www.nysbaawards.com and create your account.
(Please make sure email@example.com is not blocked by your spam filters.)
2. Once logged in you will see three (3) blue boxes: PREPARE, ENTER & UPLOAD.
- Choose PREPARE for quick tutorials covering all aspects of using this site.
- Choose ENTER when you are ready to fill out your entry forms. A copy of every entry form you complete will be emailed to you. You will be prompted to submit payment prior to uploading your files.
- Choose UPLOAD when you are ready to upload you files.
3. For the final step, you will need to “BATCH ADD” your entries. You’ll find the option to batch add under “My Accounts” and then select MEDIA MANAGER. We recommend that you wait until you are completely finished with the entry/upload process.
We advise that you DO NOT wait until the last minute (March 20th) to begin the entry process.
If you have any questions, contact Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org.