The 2013 NYSBA Digital Leadership Academy (DLA) will be bigger and better than ever before!
Our expanded format will provide you with the tools to compete in today’s multiplatform environment and will include training for new digital account executives as well as for more advanced digital leaders.
This year’s DLA will take place at the Ritz Carlton Hotel, Westchester, located in downtown White Plains, NY. The event starts with dinner Thursday evening, October 10th, and all day training on Friday, October 11th.
The DLA is once again being produced by Stephen Warley, and guest instructors include: Dan Slagen, SVP Marketing at Nanigans; David Hirschman, Street Fight Magazine; Lorren Elkins, Granite Broadcasting; Tim Murphy, Entercom; Lisa Phillips, Connoisseur Media; Greg Gibbons, WSYR-TV, and others to be announced.
Ritz Carlton – White Plains, NY
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10TH – 6:30pm – Welcome Dinner for Overnight Attendees. Start networking and sharing ideas with your fellow DLA attendees over dinner.
FRIDAY, October 11TH – 7:00am to 8:45am – Registration & Breakfast
8:45am to 9:30am –
- Welcome Keynote Speaker – Dan Slagen, SVP Marketing at Nanigans
9:45am to 11:00am –
- Sales Ideas Contest: Each attendee has 60 seconds to show off their best sales ideas for a chance to win an iPad!
- Digital Sales 101: Social Prospecting
11:15am to 12:00pm
- Speaker: Leon Spencer, Social Media Strategist – Increase your sales without cold calling! Learn how to use online and social media tools to generate more quality leads, get more appointments and close more sales.
- Advanced Digital Sales: Selling Digital Advertising Internally
11:15am to 12:00pm
- Don’t go it alone! Get more of your colleagues to share your passion for selling digital advertising. Learn strategies and tactics to motive and empower more broadcast AEs to sell more online, social media and mobile advertising within weeks.
- Speaker: Stephen Warley, Founder LocalBroadcastSales.com & DLA Program Director
12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Lunch Keynote Speaker – David Hirschman, Co-Founder & COO, Street Fight Magazine
- Digital Sales 101: How to Sell Digital Advertising With Broadcast
1:45pm to 3:45pm
- Don’t feel confident about selling digital advertising? Learn the value of selling web advertising with broadcast and how to effectively sell basic online advertising opportunities like display ads, rich media ads, pre-rolls, streaming ads, daily deals, online contests and more. Moderator– Greg Gibbons, eMedia Manager, WSYR-TV
- Lisa Phillips, Digital Sales Manager, Connoisseur Media
- Ry Russell, Facebook Branding Expert and Owner of Saco Drive-In Theater
- Nathan Kauffman, Digital Marketing Manager, Hearst Media Services – LocalEdge
- Advanced Digital Sales: Boost Your Digital Revenue 10% Next Month
1:45pm to 3:45pm
- Every broadcaster is under immense pressure to grow their digital advertising revenues. Learn the most effective strategies, processes and habits to boost your digital revenues 10% next month and next year! Moderator– Matt Giansante, Director of Integrated & New Media Sales, Entercom Buffalo
- Tim Murphy, Vice President of Digital Strategy, Entercom
- Lorren Elkins, Head of Digital Media, Granite Broadcasting
- Presenting Case Studies:
- Larry Julius, Sales Manager, Portland Radio Group
4:00pm to 4:45pm
- Cool Sales Tools Exchange: Share and learn about new digital sales tools to save you time and make you money. Come ready to share YOUR favorite sales tools! Moderator – Stephen Warley, Founder LocalBroadcastSales.com & DLA Program Director
The training is FREE to NYSBA Members in good standing. Contact Dick Novik at email@example.com for information.