The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
February 15, 2017
|Region/DMA:||New York City DMA|
The writer will work with news producer in putting their programs and promotion together. Responsibilities may include writing and editing media for news broadcasts. The producer/writer also must have prior on-line producing experience.
• College degree or sufficient maturity preferred.
• Prefer candidate have at least 3-5 years experience in broadcast or print journalism.
• Working familiarity with ENG (Electronic News Gathering) and SNG (Satellite News Gathering) operations, iNews, ENPS, Final Cut Pro, Avid and other Newsroom software programs.
• Individual could be considered if he or she has experience in another area of television news.
• Effective writing skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Good communicator, both orally and written.
• Stays informed on current affairs.
• Can perform duties and make decisions under extreme pressure.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Writes stories and promotion assigned by the executive producer.
• Logs media.
• Reads wires, internet, social media and monitors other broadcasts for late breaking stories for updated promotion opportunities.
• Assists reporters by taking scripts or other information from them by phone, email or any other means when they are in the field.
• Produces promotion for regularly schedule cut-ins or for special Reports.
• Must have line-producing and digital media experience.
• May have to produce other news programs as assigned.
• May be assigned to a variety of shifts including weekends and overnights
• May need to perform other duties including but not limited to teleprompter, traffic production, crawl and graphics.
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER