The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
February 13, 2017
WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks an experienced Web Manager providing oversight of digital and social media for the station. This position is primarily focused on creating engaging news content. The Web Manager provides editorial guidance, posts content, creates and applies best practices, oversees digital contributions from staff members, and manages the backend of websites, mobile apps, and social media accounts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Acts as the key editorial leader for news content on digital platforms.
• Manages digital, mobile, and social properties while contributing to and executing a strategy for growth.
• Writes stories and posts videos for websites, apps, social media, and other digital platforms.
• Works with producers to ensure digital content is integrated into newscasts.
• Acts as a liaison between the digital team and other areas of the stations, including news, promotions, and sales.
• Oversees the digital contributions from other staff members, and provides guidance to help improve their work.
• Builds special sections for websites and apps using content management systems.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites, as well as by email and phone.
• Maintains accuracy and integrity in news products delivered.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience preferred.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a digital role in a television newsroom preferred.
• Knowledge of content management systems, HTML, CSS and Google Analytics preferred.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to multi-task, deal with extreme deadline pressure, and react/coordinate coverage under live breaking news situations is crucial.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Web Manager must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Web Manager must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Please apply at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
WROC-TV8 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER