The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
January 10, 2018
WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, is recruiting for a Promotion Editor/ Videographer. Individual is responsible for the creation of local commercials. Candidate must be a highly creative person able to write, produce, shoot and edit high quality commercials while collaborating with station leadership, clients, account executives, and other team members. Applicant must be a highly motivated self-starter capable of working well under pressure, meet deadlines, and be able to juggle multiple projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ability to shoot well, including framing, lighting, working with talents, operating audio and other camera equipment, e.g. jib or dolly
• creative editing, incorporating graphics and animation into footage
• Helps produce 1/2 hour shows occasionally.
• Promotes the station and a website to viewers to ensure stations keep competitive edge
•Sets up and operates computer editing and graphic systems
•Organizes and edits footage and graphics into a continuous whole according to scripts or instructions for commercial and promotional efforts
• Embraces new ideas and trends in the Creative Service arena
• Works within a team structure, yet works solo on projects and tasks also.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by management
Requirements & Skills:
• Degree in Mass Communications, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience preferred.
• Experience with online editing, ideally Adobe Creative Suite with solid sense of design.
• Fluency in English; strong communication, both verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Must possess a positive attitude, and embrace new ideas and trends.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines with attention to detail.
• Valid NY driver’s license.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Commercial Video Editor must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
You must complete the online application and attach a resume, and link(s) to your work. Please state job title and where you found out about the position. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please apply at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
WROC-TV8 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER