The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
January 11, 2018
WETM has an immediate opening for a Production Assistant. The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required for live and recorded broadcasts.
• Assist directors in preparation and execution of newscast.
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras as requested by the director.
• Operates teleprompter during live broadcasts.
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
• Sets up cameras and related equipment.
• Tests, cleans, and maintains equipment.
• Creates graphics for the newscast.
• Assists with editing and shooting of newscast video.
• Set up and run live remote shots.
• Backup Director in their duties.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Education Level Required: Some College Coursework Completed
Physical Demands & Work
The Production Assistant must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, the Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll