The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
Planner, Digital Sales
January 26, 2017
|Region/DMA:||New York City DMA|
The Digital Sales Planner position serves a key role in the digital sales process for Tribune Media and supports both the National digital sales account executives.
The Digital Sales Planner is responsible for generating and communicating sales proposals for presentation to advertising agencies and/or clients. This position follows through on all aspects of digital sales and campaign management, including developing the proposals, completing necessary paperwork, implementing campaigns, and working with the various internal groups to optimize their campaigns to ensure they deliver and bill in full. Digital Sales Planners must be able to become experts on the pre-, mid- and post-sale processes to communicate effectively with various teams across the Tribune Media organization. They must build and maintain relationships resulting in superior customer service on each assigned account.
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience in strategic planning (either at an agency or with a publisher) or digital sales
• Ability to multi-task, efficiently manage time and prioritize deliverables
• Ability to manage client expectations
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Understanding of the basics of digital advertising with a functional knowledge of digital ad products
• Experience with and knowledge of the terminology and mechanics of the online advertising industry
• Above average Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
• Working knowledge of Media Math
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities for internal and external relationship management
• Solutions-oriented customer service focus that emphasizes driving sales
• Self-motivated to work independently while still being an active part of the larger team
• Must be willing to submit to a background check
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Preferred Qualifications
• Digital planning, sales or campaign management experience a plus
• Proficiency with digital ad servers and other digital media tools, such as DFA/DFP, Yieldex, Atlas, Omniture, ComScore
• Basic knowledge of TV/digital ad measurement
Equal Opportunity Employer
• Work in partnership with the Sales Team to develop, price, and prepare multi-platform digital proposals that incorporate Tribune Media digital properties.
• Create plans that are accurate, creative, and strategic, while maximizing revenue and meeting the objectives and expectations of the Sales Team and the client in a timely manner.
• Develop creative solutions in order to get bring in new advertisers and/or get new campaigns booked
• Provide day-to-day support of digital sales teams through the development of media plans, decks, and marketing collateral for advertising proposals.
• Fully understand Tribune Media sites (content, features, and ad capabilities), as well as social, native, audience targeting, and reach extension to put together media plans customized to each client.
• Utilize inventory tools to assess site sell-through and forecast future demand accurately to prepare plans that meet the needs of the client within the constraints of site traffic and product availability.
• Work closely with and communicate directly with client/agency contacts on a daily basis for general account support, implementation and management of campaigns, monitoring campaign performance, optimizations, revisions and strategic selling.
• Serve as primary liaison between clients and Ad Operations to ensure campaigns launch on time and deliver in full by actively overseeing delivery and revising or optimizing plans as necessary to exceed client expectations.
• Traffic necessary paperwork/forms through internal and external channels
• Update PowerPoint packages and product one sheets as necessary
• Stay abreast of industry news and competitive sites.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER