The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
March 8, 2018
|Region/DMA:||New York City DMA|
As part of the news team a photojournalist gathers pictures and sound in an effort to tell compelling visual stories. The photojournalist must be able to prepare stories on deadline for presentation in a live newscast and shoot material as needed for use on social media. The photojournalist must have knowledge of local, state and federal laws pertaining to newsgathering and the ability to think on your feet.
• Physically able to carry a minimum of 25 pounds of equipment
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have a working knowledge of cameras and Mac Book computers
• Strong people skills
• Must be a self-starter and self-motivated to work with a diverse group of people
• Must be able to handle stressful situations and deadlines
• Must be able to work assigned shifts which may include nights, weekends and overnights.
• Ability to do other tasks as assigned by news management
• Gathering exciting pictures and sound to tell compelling television news stories
• Maintain and be responsible for all station gear
• Maintain a station vehicle with regular auto detailing and maintenance checks
• Understand the editing process and all the technical aspects of Final Cut Pro editing software
• Use creative graphic and production techniques to enhance stories
• Operate and maintain ENG Live Trucks for daily newscasts
• Must be able to work independently and use solid judgment on all stories, images and sound that is used within a news story.
• Ability to react to breaking news quickly and efficiently
• Have great knowledge of current local, state and national events and issues
• Work in tandem with reporters to develop story ideas and generate creative ideas for individual stories
• Work efficiently under multiple deadlines on a daily basis
• Must understand ethical and legal issues concerning stories and use appropriate journalistic guidelines.
• Must be able to work respectfully with others, including, but not limited to news managers, reporters, editors, anchors, engineers and producers
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER