The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
News Production Assistant
August 3, 2017
News 8 WROC, a CBS Affiliate, seeks an individual to coordinate the efforts of various production duties required for live television broadcasts and other digital and social media.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Composes and frames camera shots, and adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure, and lighting as instructed by a director or producer.
• Operates technical equipment during live broadcasts, including audio board, lower-third graphics, and switcher.
• Tests, cleans, and maintains studio equipment and set pieces.
• Edits video content for broadcast and web.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
• Minimum one year’s experience working in a television broadcasting environment.
• Avid editing and broadcast equipment experience preferred.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities under deadline.
• Available to work extended hours when needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Assistant must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Production Assistant must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
WROC-TV8 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER