The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
February 22, 2018
Local 22 & Local 44 in the beautiful Champlain Valley is looking for an aggressive Newscast Producer. Our shows focus on local news that really matters to our viewers. We have the tools you need to make your shows really stand out. Our stations cover VT, NY, NH and southern Quebec, so there is never a shortage of news. Work with a great group of journalists, and have a little fun too! Live and work in one of the country’s most scenic locations, just minutes away from some world-class ski resorts.
The News Producer produces daily newscast items, approves scripts, writes teases and other content, times news programs, and posts video to the website. There will also be opportunities to work on special projects with the news, weather and sports teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms.
• Writes conversational, accurate scripts.
• Edits video.
• Collaborates with reporters on live shots.
• Works with Graphic Artist to create maps & fullscreens.
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor`s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum one year experience as a news producer.
• Attention to detail, with ability to proofread, copy edit, and communicate with news team.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work any shift, including weekends and overnights.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The News Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar is an equal opportunity employer.