The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
February 2, 2017
|Organization:||WRGB-TV / WCWN-TV|
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WRGB WCWN has an immediate opening for a creative News Producer. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our (morning, evening, or weekend) newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our website.
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage their time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
• The candidate has preferably 2 years of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station
• Journalism degree preferred
• You should also be proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/