The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
Master Control Operator
February 13, 2017
WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks a Master Control Operator responsible for the overall on-air look of the television station through airing programming and scheduled station breaks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assures on-air FCC compliance for all on-air streams and operation and maintains quality station image.
• Accurately records, prepares, and logs program and commercial material for over-the-air broadcast.
• Interfaces video servers, computers, video delivery systems, satellite receivers, and quality control devices to ensure the highest level of program A/V integrity.
• Ensures accuracy of program log and reports all deviations.
• Controls multiple program streams of a multichannel automation system or manual on-air switching of programs.
• Responsible for the operation of all master control equipment and occasional assistance in microwave feed room.
• Works closely with Technical Services to ensure optimum equipment performance.
• Coordinates all news breaks for airing when required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical Degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience preferred.
• Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
• Fluency in English; strong communication, both verbal and written.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Master Control Operator must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Master Control Operator must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
Please apply at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
WROC-TV8 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER