The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
January 8, 2018
NBC5, the Hearst Television station in the Burlington/Plattsburgh market, has an opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician. The person in this role maintains the station’s equipment and systems from acquisition to distribution. This position supports all station efforts in-house and in remote locations within our market.
This employee will help maintain:
• Transmitter sites, microwave relay sites, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, monitoring devices, and other systems.
• Production equipment including camera systems, production switcher, play out servers, graphics devices, lighting systems, audio consoles, microphones, and tracks inventory.
• News-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, satellite and microwave trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
• Support equipment including Master Control equipment, video switchers, monitors, videotape machines, microphones, and intercoms.
• Addtionally, they will conduct troubleshooting, equipment installation, research, documentation, and cabling tasks.
• Some electrical component level and board level troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to repair and test equipment for operation. Will train on specific systems.
• Basic knowledge of computers, and some basic networking skills.
• Able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces.
• Flexible schedule to occasionally work various days and shifts as assigned.
• Able to be on-call, on a shared rotational on call schedule.
• Ability to work independently as well as effectively with other team members.
• Capable of following instructions, verbal and written.
• Able to work with minimal supervision as experience dictates.
• Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Good vision (with or without corrective lenses) with ability to read and distinguish colors.
• Valid driver’s license; position requires travel to remote transmitter and microwave sites within our region.
• Experience or on-the-job training in the troubleshooting and repair of equipment that would provide basis that can be built upon with training. (Subject to our assessment)
• Associates degree in Electronics Technology a plus.
• Military Broadcast Television Equipment Maintenance (BTVEM) course a plus.
• Graduates of Electronics Technical programs (credit and non-credit) encouraged to apply.
Please visit http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/ to apply. EOE