The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
Freelance Web Producer
February 2, 2017
|Region/DMA:||New York City DMA|
PIX11 News is looking for a passionate, talented and hard-working freelance web producer to help manage PIX11.com and its social platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for breaking news as well as for New York City, while also being expert in social media, SEO and other tools to grow PIX11’s digital audience while increasing engagement with viewers.
The right person for this job will be able to produce fast, compelling and accurate content, and help take PIX11.com to the next level as an important source for news and video with a strong local focus.
Requirements and qualifications:
• Minimum of 2-3 years of web production experience or similar experience in print or television newsrooms
• Comfortable with working on a range of content management systems and expert in use of social media to promote and distribute news content
• Ability to work professionally with station staff to put out the best possible digital product
• Passion for the news, digital presentation and a commitment to fairness and accuracy
• Curiosity about latest digital tools and a willingness to experiment with new ways to tell stories and reach a wider audience
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
The position’s chief responsibilities require that the producer:
• Keep abreast of breaking local news and work with web editors as well as assignment and reporting staff to produce stories and videos. Use social media and other sources to track development of stories
• Source and write trending stories and tease them effectively on Facebook
• Ensure a smart mix of stories is highlighted on site and that stories are updated with latest developments and visual content
• Manage social media accounts for breaking news, story promotion and audience engagement (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
• Publish video segments from newscasts. Ability to write strong headlines is essential
• Manage Facebook Live and audience engagement around newscasts
• Post stories and videos to PIX11.com with an eye toward compelling presentation and best SEO practices
• Work with reporters and producers to ensure all video pieces are accompanied with web copy and latest updates
• Know AP style as well as best web-production practices, including SEO, story packaging, and social media
• Have a passion for and knowledge of web metric tools such as Google Analytics, and an ability to spot trends and identify opportunities for PIX11.com
• Promote PIX content to other news sites and aggregators to help grow our audience.
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER