The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
February 2, 2017
|Region/DMA:||New York City DMA|
Analyze data, prepare weather graphics and present weathercasts . Acts as weather department leader in newsroom.
• Bachelors Degree in Meteorology or Earth science preferred
• Minimum of 4+ years experience as on-air meteorologist
• AMS and/or NWA Seal of Approval strongly preferred
• Must be personable and accurate in weathercast presentation
• Must be capable of writing easily understood newspaper weather column
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have good attitude and be a team player
• Must have strong leadership skills and act as newsroom leader
• Present weathercast on PIX11 news.
• Make all decisions with weather warning notifications. Must work with news management on decisions to cut into programming and notify viewers of potential threats including tornado and hurricane warnings. Must be aware of FCC compliance on warnings and notifications.
• Write daily weather column for newspaper partners and multiple websites.
• Deliver weather forecasts for radio partners, as needed.
• Prepare and deliver weather and science-related stories.
• Maintain weather computers.
• Analyze weather data from Weather data provider, NWS and internet.
• Prepare weather graphics for on-air, web and mobile use.
• Originate and deliver accurate forecasts in a pleasant, easy to understand and passionate way.
• Work with newscast producers on weather coverage.
• Speak to various community groups and schools as a station representative.
• Engage in social media – including Twitter, Facebook, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER