The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
Engineer/ Overdrive Operator
March 8, 2018
|Region/DMA:||New York City DMA|
Ross Overdrive Operator and Acuity Switcher operator for a fast paced live Television News show. Candidate will be responsible for operating Ross Overdrive system to produce live news broadcasts and pre-produced content. Create all necessary show templates, custom controls, Dashboard elements and code show rundowns in the Opus Newsroom control system. Must be very familiar with a MOS based automated Newsroom. Familiarity with VizRT graphics systems, Vinten Robotics and Wheatstone Audio Console is required.
• College graduate or equivalent technical training. Communications, Electronic Technology, or related degree is helpful. Three years of related job experience.
• This position requires minor lifting and some walking, as it involves the setup of a television show. The ability to carry 50 pounds of equipment, including camera, cables, tripod and various television equipment is required on a daily basis.
• The ability to sit for long periods is necessary. Able to execute commands based upon aural directives. High visual and aural acuity along with data entry using a keyboard.
• Prepare and execute the operation of the Ross automated production control system for live and recorded television broadcasts. Using a OPUS Newsroom Build rundowns for all Newscasts.
• Creation and utilization of templates to automate production functions including: technical directing, audio mixing, video playback, graphics insertion, robotic operations, live/remote segment cut-ins. Integrate commercial playback.
• Other responsibilities include; Audio (A1), Audio Assist (A2) , Video shading, Robotics, Video Server ingest / playback, Routing switchers operation and VizRT graphics playback.
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER