The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
Digital Content Producer
February 10, 2017
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WHAM ABC 13, in Rochester, NY, is looking for an experienced, creative Digital Content Producer. The ideal candidate should be able to gather news reports from a variety of sources and outlets, independently confirm necessary information, and craft informative reports and posts for all of our online and social media platforms. A successful Digital Content Producer will be able to contribute to newsgathering efforts in a wide variety of ways including assigning news crews to cover certain events and by working in coordination with our news producers, anchors, and managers to produce the best possible product on all platforms.
• Writing, editing, and publishing news stories for the web and social media
• Assist Digital Content Manager with checking content for accuracy, spelling, and typos before posting
• Update stories and breaking news to insure the very latest content is on the web and social media pages
• Post video to the web
• Monitor user comments on station sites for inappropriate content
• Setting up and monitoring live web stream of newscasts and other live news events
• Technical set up for school closings & alert systems
• Technical set up for election night web page
• Monitor intranet pages for station
• Facilitate digital sales and advertising opportunities
• Upload Digital Sales orders into the Digital Cloud, send submitted information to DSM
• Create HTML emails for digital email deployment
• Create Interactive Banners Ads in the MIXPO Platform (MIXPO is a proprietary platform that you will learn on the job)
• Facilitate digital reports to the DSM and Account Executives
• Check digital delivery reports, as needed
Skills and Experience:
• Technical knowledge of web and social media functions, as well as strong editorial judgment
• Ability to work with others
• Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
• Well informed of what’s happening in the local, national, and international news each day
• Strong news writing skills and understanding of current events.
• A college degree and experience in a television news department preferred
• Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism.
• Knowledge of electronic graphics and newsroom computers.
• Possess basic HTML skills
• Proficient with Adobe CS
• Flash knowledge is a plus
• Experience with web-content management systems
• 5-7 years professional experience
Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including evenings, early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.