The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
Assistant Producer/Assistant Editor
February 15, 2017
|Region/DMA:||New York City DMA|
M2S/Tribune Media is seeking a full-time, self-motivated Production Assistant that has a great creative eye. The Production Assistant will support the Creative Producer/Director with various aspects of the creative process. The candidate must have? a solid understanding of the pre and post production process. If you’re confident in your ability to take a sequence to edit a tighter cut, to ?frame a composition to make the most mundane look like a million bucks and the ability to create simple yet beautiful typography based animation in After Effects then read on!
The Production Assistant will assist in every stage of production from ideation & development – all the way through execution and post production. Having a great attitude, a strong work ethic, and taking ownership to each task is a must. The candidate must be able to thrive in the fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines. Coordination, organization, and time management skills are necessary to succeed. The Production Assistant position is a great role to obtain the best experience and knowledge on the overall process of how engaging branded digital video and spot tv is created from it’s inception.
We are fans of original ideas, promoters of pushing the creative boundaries in a sensible way and passionate about leading the industry instead of trailing it. Our department is growing quickly, so we’re looking for candidates that can grow with us and help propel our initiative full steam ahead.
• College degree related to video.
• 2+ years experience in studio and on set.
• Intimate knowledge of social video and popular content.
• Strong communication skills.
• Writing skills a plus.
• Troubleshooting problem-solver with a smile.
• Well versed in video codecs and Encoding software (Adobe Media Cleaner, Sorenson)
• Technical literacy with video and audio file formats
• Strong Attention to detail and time managements skills
• Motion Graphic skills is a plus.
• Must be able to juggle multiple responsibilities under tight deadlines, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Has previously been part of the production process for short-form video
• Experience with Avid, Adobe Suite (AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc), FCP, MAC platform DaVinci Resolve is a plus.
• Familiarity with video gear; DSLR cameras, Super 35 systems, sound, lighting.
• This is a full-time position with exciting possibilities.
• Must be willing to submit to a background check
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Employer
(Note: not listed in order of importance)
• Picking/Dropping off rental equipment.
• PA on sets & location.
• Drive crew and/or equipment from NYC to location *must have a valid DL and be comfortable driving an SUV/Van.
• Assist the production crew in any capacity needed (IE: Helping set up and break down lighting and grip equipment, etc).
• Managing release forms and equipment (in-house/rental).
• Screening footage.
• Transcoding/Encoding to codec required for ingestion.
• Prepping edit sessions (logging dailies, stock footage/music research, exporting).
• Produce promos (edit/design/finish) when needed.
• Be able to strategize (IE: Be able to think out of the box and offer ideas that can be realistically executed within a set budget and time frame).
• Aid with research on potential video subjects and stories.
• Assist Director on set during branded shoots.
• Go on runs for equipment pick up and drop off in addition to props/set piece shopping.
• Own audio responsibilities (lav & boom mics/zoom recorder)
• Support Branded team with administrative tasks
• Participate in Brainstorm sessions
• Encode, Ingest, and log dailies.
• Perform light editing duties.
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com