The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
Assistant Chief Engineer
March 8, 2018
Position Summary: WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks an Assistant Chief Engineer to assist with overseeing the day to day operations of the Engineering Department and is responsible for the maintenance of all broadcasttechnology and equipment at the station and transmitter sites.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assists in managing all aspects of the Engineering Department.
• Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station and transmitter sites.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal, laws.
• Works closely with Chief Engineer to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station.
• Assists with managing engineering and technology capital projects to the established budgets.
• Manages and coordinates fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems.
• Evaluates, selects, installs, services and maintains station equipment and information technology systems.
• Repairs and maintains station building infrastructures.
• Assists in maintaining station vehicle fleet, including live satellite trucks.
• Communicates with and coordinates equipment maintenance and training with vendors/contractors.
• Evaluates employee access and trains employees on station information systems or new equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience preferred.
• Minimum three years’ experience with Information Technology systems in a television broadcasting environment.
• Familiarity with Avid-related software/hardware products a plus
• Fluency in English; strong communication, both verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Assistant Chief Engineer must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Assistant Chief Engineer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
Please apply at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
WROC-TV8 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER