The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
January 6, 2017
|Region/DMA:||New York City DMA|
The emphasis of the position will be to drive new, non-traditional business and increase sales. A successful candidate will be responsible for achieving monthly and quarterly sales goals, prospecting, developing a target list, building and delivering presentations and managing the sales process from start to finish, including campaign execution.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a focus on advertising, sales and/or marketing, plus three years selling television/radio/digital advertising.
• Strong analytical and technical skills to analyze the market, package, price, negotiate and sell available airtime.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with negotiate and influence internal and external contacts.
• Excellent business development skills, including but not limited to prospecting and cold calling, lead qualification, handling objections, conceptual selling, client needs analysis, negotiation, closing and client relationship management.
• Proficient knowledge of online, social media and mobile ad space a must.
• Plans and organizes a sales strategy; monitors and tracks sales plan and assigned strategies.
• Prepares quarterly sales revenue budget and target goal and is responsible for achieving budget and sales quotas established with management. Evaluates performance results against goals.
• Prepares sales presentations to sell commercial airtime utilizing available in-house ratings research materials and sales tools, knowledge of the agencies and their advertising needs, knowledge of the local marketplace competition and available station commercial time.
• Serve clients as a market expert by providing information on the respective TV station and the competition; serves station management as a market information source by gathering competitive rates, programming and advertiser plans.
• Post order, verifies accuracy of client’s scheduled air dates and times on a monthly basis; verifies client’s billing based on quoted audience delivery; handles preemptions/make goods in a timely fashion to client and station satisfaction.
• Analyzes client needs and interests. Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with assigned/designated agencies and clients through frequent contact in person or by telephone and promotes the station and sells available airtime. Resolves client’s issues or complaints.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER