The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
March 8, 2018
|Region/DMA:||New York City DMA|
Responsible for attaining the greatest share of available local advertising revenue for the station by selling all platform verticals including the sale of commercial television spots, Mets & Yankees Baseball Sponsorships , News & Entertainment integration, NFL Football, new business development, PIX11.com and digital stations to advertising agencies and direct local advertisers.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a focus on advertising, sales and/or marketing, plus three years buying/selling television/radio advertising.
• Strong demonstrable knowledge of the local market, rating services, qualitative research and available sales and research tools.
• Strong analytical and technical skills to analyze the market, package, price, negotiate and sell available airtime.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively negotiate and influence internal and external contacts.
• Ability to analyze the market and effectively sell available airtime through strategic negotiations to meet established financial goals and market share.
• Excellent new business development skills, including prospecting, cold calling, website sales development, lead qualification, handling objections, conceptual selling, client needs analysis, negotiation, closing and client relationship management.
• Responsible for generating quarterly revenues as set by AE and their Manager to meet overall station budget. Make decisions to maximize station revenue through sale of commercial television spots, specials and sports at the highest attainable rates have a major impact on the profitability of the station and overall operation of the business. Management determines account executive goals and revenue responsibility based on the market shares, demographics and client base.
• Indirectly supervises a sales assistant for support in order completion, sales package preparation and other administrative duties.
• Daily contact with sales management regarding rate structure, selling strategies and problem resolution.
• Daily contact with agencies and clients to sell airtime, handle scheduling changes, make goods and billing problems.
• Frequent contact with traffic, research and programming departments regarding sales-related matters.
• Occasional meetings with station credit manager regarding client-billing discrepancies and first time advertisers, and with promotions department regarding special promotional needs.
• Plans and organizes a sales strategy aimed at meeting sales goals. Monitors and tracks sales plan and assigned strategies.
• Prepares quarterly sales revenue target goal and is responsible for achieving budget and sales quotas as established with management using historical spending, anticipated renewals and strong emphasis on new business development. Re-evaluates performance results against revenue goals on a quarterly basis.
• Prepares sales presentations to sell commercial airtime utilizing available in-house ratings research materials and sales tools, knowledge of ad agencies and their advertising needs, knowledge of the local marketplace competition and available station commercial time/inventory.
• Makes in-person presentations to agency buyers and planners and direct local advertisers. Books orders and negotiates spot placement and rates based on the parameters for rate negotiations set by sales management.
• Serves agencies/clients as a market expert by providing information on the respective TV station and the competition. Develop and maintain direct relationships with agencies and clients. Serves station management as a market information source by gathering competitive rates, programming and advertiser plans.
• Posts orders, verifies accuracy of client’s scheduled air dates and times on a weekly basis; verifies client’s billing based on quoted audience delivery; handles preemptions/make goods in a timely fashion to client and station satisfaction.
• Analyzes client needs and interests. Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with assigned/designated agencies and clients through frequent contact in person or by telephone and promotes the station while selling available airtime. Resolves client’s issues or complaints.
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER