The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
Become A Member
The New York State Broadcasters Association, Inc. represents the interests of all radio and television stations in the state of New York, both commercial and non-commercial. We provide expert representation on legislative issues in Albany and Washington. In addition, we will advocate members’ interests in communications policy before the Federal Communications Commission. We also provide a variety of educational and business related services to our members.
In a rapidly changing industry, we also include “associate” members from companies in allied fields that are directly related to the broadcasting industry. To learn more about associate membership, CLICK HERE.
Station Members: Open to Radio and Television stations licensed to New York State, as represented by their General manager. Dues vary based on the type of facility (TV, Radio, LPTV, Class A) and the market in which the facility is licensed. As a general matter, dues are lower for stations in small markets and for non commercial/educational stations. For additional information about dues, contact Dick Novik at email@example.com.
STATION MEMBER BENEFITS
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – Helping stations train the next generation!
- INTERNS – With many companies eliminating their unpaid internship programs, NYSBA will be expanding its paid internship program. Stations select their own interns consistent with the NYSBA program goals. NYSBA pays the intern based on New York’s minimum wage. Payments are made to the station, and are then remitted to the intern.
MARKETING INFORMATION – Keeping you informed!
- INSIGHT EDGE NEWSLETTER - A weekly newsletter with up to the minute news important to broadcast advertising clients.
- MEDIA DATA SERVICES – Cabletrac monitoring in markets across the State.
SALES TRAINING – Educating tomorrow’s sales executives!
- ON-LINE TELEVISION SALES TRAINING – Working with Gary Moore, Ron Steiner and Stephen Warley, we have created the only on-line TV sales training course offered by a state broadcast association. Modeled on our famed TV sales training program offered annually in Albany, we offer 40 hours of training complete with on line testing and certification. Sessions include basic and advanced training as well as digital sales. Station managers are able to monitor progress.
- RADIO ADVERTISING BUREAU (RAB) ON-LINE SALES – Sales Foundations Course, Advanced Sales Course, Digital Sales Course and Advanced Digital Sales Training. There is even a course for Sales Managers.
- LOCALBROADCASTSALES.com – A leading broadcast training site. Features over thirty instructors covering all aspects of broadcast sales. Weekly sales tips sent to account executives.
DIGITAL LEADERSHIP ACADEMY – Cutting edge digital training!
- LOCATION &TIME - NYSBA’s highly acclaimed DLA – an event that takes digital sellers to “the next level” will be held on October 1st & 2nd at the Ritz Carlton in Westchester NY.
- EXPANDED - Our expanded program will encompass both advanced and basic digital sales training. We anticipate up to 150 people will attend the 2015 conference.
REGIONAL SALES TRAINING ACROSS THE STATE – Bringing top training to your market!
- Regional training in markets such as Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany and Binghamton. Information tailored for your region.
SERVING NEW YORK – Outreach lunches across the state!
- REGIONAL LUNCHES – In Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Watertown, Albany, Binghamton, New York City and Long Island.
- PUBLIC SERVICE AWARDS – Presented to stations for their public service efforts.
SUMMER CONFERENCE – In New York City!
- LOCATION/DATE – Conrad Hotel, New York City on June 22nd and 23rd
- FREE FOR AWARD WINNER – “Excellence in Broadcasting” Award winners attend free
FCC COMPLIANCE ASSISTANCE – Protecting your FCC license!
- LEGAL HOTLINE - NYSBA routinely answers your questions regarding compliance with the FCC’s regulations including its advertising and political rules.
- WEBCASTS – We host webcasts on specific topics such as the FCC’s political rules.
ALTERNATIVE BROADCAST INSPECTION PROGRAM (ABIP) – Protect your license!
- FCC APPROVED PROGRAM – Our ABIP inspection team can certify your stations and help you avoid possible FCC inspection of your station.
- FEES – While we charge a fee, the service is provided to you at cost.
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS – Your voice in Washington and Albany!
- RADIO COPYRIGHT CHANGES – Congress plans to rewrite the copyright laws increasing your blanket license fees and imposing a performance tax.
- PIRATE RADIO – We will work with Congress and the FCC to stop illegal pirate radio stations.
- NEW YORK STATE RADIO COPYRIGHT FEES – A NY court just established a performance fee right for music recorded before 1972. We need to make sure this is not applied to radio stations.
- COMMUNICATIONS ACT RE-WRITE – Congress will start re-writing the Communications Act and may seek to change TV retransmission consent policies and ownership rules.
- CHANNEL REPACKING – We will be closely watching the FCC’s Incentive auction and TV repacking plan.
- NY LEGISLATION - Every year we oppose numerous bills that seek to impose additional costs on local stations and support rules that will enhance our competitive posture.
Keep up to date with our weekly electronic newsletter “New York NewStream” and on the web at www.nysbroadcasters.org
We can provide you these services free because of your dues, and income we receive as a result of your station airing our NCSA spots.