The National Guard is more than just a great way to serve your country. It’s also one of the very best places to find excellent career training.
Affordable Care Act
Hotline for NYSBA Members
If you have questions regarding compliance with the ACA, you may submit your email questions to our ACA experts at Wilson Elser by clicking HERE. The holtline is available to NYSBA members in good standing.
Affordable Care Act “ACA” Webcast Archived
Our highly informative webcast has been archived and can be found at:
Windows Media – click HERE
Real Player – click HERE
To download the slide deck from the webcast, click HERE.
ACA Tip of the Week: “Navigators” can guide you through the ACA maze.
Navigators provide in-person assistance to individuals, families and small businesses interested in applying for health insurance coverage through the New York Marketplace. At present, New York has nearly 500 trained and federally regulated Navigators dispersed throughout the state’s 62 counties, with 48 different languages represented. To learn more click HERE.
• Evaluating Employer Insurance Coverages to Defend against Claimed Violations of the Affordable Care Act: Employers should review their professional lines insurance policies along with outside benefits consultants and attorneys to determine whether additional or different coverage may be appropriate to guard against the new ACA risks. To learn more click HERE
• Administration Delays Launch of Federally Facilitated Small Business Health Insurance Exchanges: Small businesses will be required to wait until November to complete their online purchases of health coverage at federally facilitated health insurance exchanges. Paper applications will be manually processed on schedule, beginning today. To learn more click HERE.
• Summary of Benefits and Coverage Regulations: The regulations outline specific information which must be included in this document as well as the manner in which this disclosure must be provided. Employers need to be aware of this ACA mandate and take appropriate measures in order to ensure compliance with its requirements in order to mitigate potential litigation exposure. To learn more click HERE.
• The Small Business Health Options Program Marketplace: Implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act’s employer mandate has been delayed until January 2015, but employers should use this time to plan for their potential obligations in 2015. To learn more click HERE.
• Small employers can choose to offer employees coverage from SHOP, the Small Business Health Options Program. To learn more click HERE.
• ACA Expands Prohibition of Extra Health Insurance Benefits for Executives to Include Fully-Insured Plans. For information concerning this new nondiscrimination rule or any other employer responsibility imposed by the ACA click HERE.
• ACA creates New Notification Requirements. To learn more click HERE.
Wilson Elser’s Affordable Care Act practice can assist with compliance questions concerning this notice requirement or any other employer responsibility imposed by the ACA.