NYSBA 51st Annual Awards for
Excellence in Broadcasting
Web Entry Portal is Now Closed
Once again, the New York State Broadcasters Association will be honoring stations for their Excellence in Broadcasting. As in the past, this is a state wide competition based on market size. Similar to last year we will be forwarding the awards directly to your station. We plan to recognize all stations at regional luncheons throughout the state.
All applicants must file on-line using the same system we used last year. All entries must be submitted by March 3, 2017 @ 5:00 pm.
It’s Simple to Enter, click HERE for step by step instructions.
- All entries and associated fees must be entered using our on-line Award Entry System click HERE to enter.
- The deadline for entries is March 3, 2017 at 5:00 pm (eastern).
- All entries must have been broadcast by the submitting radio/TV station employees between March 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017.
- Commercials or promotional announcements may be any length up to one minute.
- Unless otherwise noted within the Award Programming Categories (see below for link), all programs as broadcast may have been of any length, but the actual clip that is entered into the competition may not exceed 30 minutes.
- If you entered last year, you will use your same username/password.
- Fee is $30 per entry for member stations which must be done on-line when you submit your entries.
- No entries will be sent to the judges until payment is made.
- Payment will be made using our PayPal account (you do not need to have a PayPal account.) You simply choose either credit card, debit card or e-check.
- Decision of the judges shall be final.
- Awards will be given to radio and televisions stations.
- Stations will compete only against stations in similar sized markets.
- Red Group: New York City only.
- Blue Group: Albany/Capital District, Buffalo, Long Island, Rochester and Syracuse.
- Green Group: All others.
Award Programming Categories:
- Stations may compete in numerous programming categories.
- For a list of programming categories click HERE.
We advise that you DO NOT wait until the last minute (March 3rd) to begin the entry process.
If you have any questions, contact Sandy at email@example.com.